iterators

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Thu Jan 20 23:57:45 CET 2005

Success - but not committed yet

I have now created new merged iterators and changed all usage of the old and
basic iterators to the new merged ones. (most usage was in filters - someone
please check that they work)

Also my (basic iterators) are no longer available through the paintdevice only
the new merged iterators. That is, the factorymethods have changed to return
the new merge iterators ( and please note that the order of args for
createHLineIterator() have changed to x,y,w and no longer x,w,y (I have
changed all usage, but if you have local code you better check, as no warning
will be given)

The factorymethods for the old iterators are naturally gone as well.

So neither the basic nor the old iterators should be used - only the new
merged. You can still, without any overhead, use the merged iterators as if
they were basic. You can also still use the pixel and quantum functionallity
of the old iterators.

The old functionallity is preserved in the KisIteratorPixelTrait class

And for example: KisRectIteratorPixel inherits from both the
KisIteratorPixelTrait and the basic KisRectIterator

THINGS MISSING: the oldPixelValue() of the trait is still not fixed from the
AUTOLAYER merge. Also the infinite iterators are still not there and the mask
no_mask variants are not ported either.

The kis_iterators.* files are gone
The kis_quantum_iterators.* files are gone
Instead we have the kis_iteratorspixeltrait.h
The kis_iterators_pixel.* are still there but with different contents
(wrappers for KisRectIteratorPixel etc)

The lineiterators are gone, and so are the IteratorUnit.

diff and new files attached - so everybody please audit - and answer quickly
as I'll be away friday noon till sunday noon and it would be nice to commit
before then.

best regards
Casper Boemann