Update on autolayers merge

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Wed Jan 19 15:38:11 CET 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 09:51, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> ./core/kis_fill_painter.cc
> * Fix fillRect by implementing clear.
What do you mean by this? As far as I can see this code doesn't use clear.

> * Fix floodfill again (note: it still crashes now & then,
The crashing of the floodfill is caused by a not entirely optimal algortithm
that's being used. The current algorithm can cause a stack overflow in really
suboptimal cases. I could have a look around to find a better algorithm for
this.

> and the pattern
> fill is still broken -> fix by floodfilling a selection, fill selection
> extent with pattern, apply selection, bitBlt filled area?).
This code used the infinite iterators, so I decided to wait with fixing the
pattern fill until there were new iterators for iterating over a pattern. But
maybe I could try to work around that for now. If filling a rectangle with a
pattern is fixed, fixing the floodfill would probably only require
uncommenting the code for it.

Bart Coppens