Cool stuff!

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jan 18 15:38:24 CET 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 15:34, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> Sure -- I'm look at what it is going to take to get it to compile, but you
> can get the tarball at: http://www.valdyas.org/~boud/ws.tgz
>
> (in a moment or two)

Done; it's only about 5000 lines of C, it's not a big monster of an
application, so it should be easy enough to get something interesting out of
it.

My gut idea is to put it in a colour strategy; to extend the paint device to
make it possible to attach filters to it that are either periodically
executed or in one or more threads (Casper -- how's your tile code with
re-entrancy?) and then you're basically done, except that you need to make
another colour model for the canvas, and have that be used as background.

It's 1991 code, by the way, K&R and written for a Sun box with Sunview.