Easy layer access for rgb8 filters.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jan 17 21:30:43 CET 2005

On Monday 17 January 2005 15:28, Casper Boemann wrote:

> Finally: photoshop only prefills the image with color - not individual
> layers

We don't either, yet, but I was intending to add a background color combo
to the new layer dialog, together with a transparency slider. It's an addition
I've often wanted -- i.e., to put a yellow-ish transparency over a photo which
will be the basis of a trace.

> and it does not extend with background when (a copy of) the
> background layer is moved (you cannot move the background layer, but
> duplicating it, and deleting the background gives you a movable layer). We
> could fill the layer, but not extend with background when moved.

Okay.

> I think we would want the second or third choice. (the third is what is
> currently implemented)

As long as I can add colored layers, I'm fine with this.