Autolayer merge done

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jan 12 22:47:56 CET 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 22:34, Michael Thaler wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 January 2005 22:28, Michael Thaler wrote:
> > I really think there should be methods to get the width and the height of
> > an image. Both the raindrops filter and the oilpaint filter are not ideal
>
> I mean the width and the height of a layer (paint_device) here, of course.

I took that as read :-). But in some case, image might suffice, if you want to
restrict the working of the filter to the part of the layer that's inside the
image boundaries. That's a use-case decision, only partly motivated by
technical possibilities. I don't care much either way, I seldom use filters
(sharpen, mostly -- must remember to check vips' sharpen filter one day, it
beats the pants of PhotoShop), so I'm not the right person to ask.

Wait... I'll check PhotoShop.

.
..

Right, Photoshop filters are not completely consistent, which shows that their
developers have been messing about with the same question as us. Most filters
work on the extent of the layer. Casper -- how do we get at that?