getting krita source code

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jan 8 22:25:51 CET 2005

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, Helder Correia wrote:

> Hello, all!
>
> I'm very interested in Krita goals, as well as I could help in its
> development. How can I get the sources? Are there any tarballs? CVS only?
> Finally a paint killer app for UNIX/KDE/KOffice in the horizon.

Really, the best way to start hacking on Krita is to checkout the koffice
module from KDE cvs -- you don't need to compile all the other KOffice
applications (configure with DO_NOT_COMPILE="kword etc.") -- any other road
will only delay the moment you need to use cvs.

My immediate goals as a maintainer are: merge the autolayers branch (faster pixel
access, flexible layers), fix CMYK & the color management system, fix selections,
fix the remaining tools and release... The long-term goals are rivalling Corel
Painter through judicious implementation of interesting stuff like Bill Baxter's
Impasto thesis.

There are plenty of interesting things mentioned in our TODO, and there is
an equal multitude of interesting things we didn't think up but that would
fit right in...