plan for merging

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Fri Jan 7 22:28:16 CET 2005

On Friday 07 January 2005 22:04, Casper Boemann wrote:

> Ok I see, and readPixelData is gone, but we could do as you say and just
> read into a buffer.
>
> I'll take a closer look then. I'll try to make scale work, if thats ok with
> you?

I would really appreciate it if you would take a closer look at the scaling
code and maybe make it use the iterators and maybe clean it up a little bit.
I really doubt that I could do that in the near future because I have to do
the computer administration at our institute now (the old admin has finished
his Ph. D.), which will probably take me a lot of time and my coding skills
are really not that good.

The code is ported from the Graphic Gems book (I really did not change that
much...). There, it is also explained how the code works (the basic principle
is not that hard to understand, but this version of the code actually
precomputes the filters to speed the scaling up and I don't really understand
how this works. I guess it is not that complicated, I just did not take the
time to work it out and I am not that good at understandig code). In case you
need the graphics gems article, I copied it and I could scan it for you. The
source code from the book is available on the website (search for graphic
gems in google).

You would really do me a favour, if you could improve the code to make use of
the iterators.

Take care,
Michael