Yay for painting with filters

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Feb 24 23:20:53 CET 2005

Because it's working again -- and maybe even a little better than it used to
work. Except for the filters that still crash, of course.

Now I've been looking as the freehand painting tools, it appeared that we
still cut off brush prints at the edges of the image. With the autoextending
layers this is no longer necessary, but stil possible, of course.

What would be nicer -- paint and have your brush cut off at image edge
(leaving a straight edge when moving a layer), or paint and have the complete
brush footprint in the layer, which would become visible when moving a layer?

This is just about boundary conditions, sweeping your brush from the center of
the image to the Tokyo town hall is still not going to work :-).