paint.net

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Feb 22 10:31:56 CET 2005

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 10:28, Michael Thaler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> paint.net is a free painting application for .NET. The source code is
> available on http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/. As far as I can see, the
> licences allows to freely distribute, modify, relicence etc. the code.
> Maybe it is usefull for Krita development?

Not really... It uses the Microsoft API's very heavily, for, as far as I could
see, almost all image manipulation. Plus, it's not really capable. A better
place to dig is Perico (http://software.jodda.de/). That has quite a few nice
things, although the interface is really unfamiliar.

I've fixed flatten image, by the way :-). Now I'm trying to get the filter
tool back into shape.