Status update

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Feb 18 14:41:15 CET 2005

I am forced to admit failure: I don't understand the way KDE handles plugins
well enough to create a sensible plugin structure for Krita. I've converted
the paint ops to plugins, moved some stuff about and so on, as well as
several fixes, refactorings (depth as in channels is now clearly
distinguished from depth as in bytes per pixel) which I will commit anon if
my build from clean succeeds. Oh, and there's the toolbox, but it's just a
teaser, doesn't have any meaningful functionality.

Then I'm off for Brussels -- back late tomorrow. On the train I'll make a list
of what's still broken from the autolayers commit and what needs to be done.
I hope we can get finally get all of our old stuff working again, and that
includes all filters, rotating, shearding and exporting images really soon
now, because I want to release a new binary snapshot asap, and I won't
release one with any regressions and no user-visibile improvements vis-a-vis
the last one.