Plugins

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Feb 7 19:59:59 CET 2005

Instead of finishing the selection code, or trying to integrate selections
with iterators or finishing the color management stuff or any of the myriad
other things I started, I tried to bring some sanity to our plugin handling.

Currently, most plugins are loaded anew for every view we create: this takes a
noticable amount of time and isn't really necessary, since most of the
plugins can do just find if they are called for the current view. And
currently, we don't support plugins adding config pages to the Krita config
dialog.

I'm leaning towards a Kate-like approach, but that will make writing plugins
for Krita a little more complicated. Here plugins implement an interface that
allows adding a new view to an existing plugin object, meaning there's only
ever one instance of a plugin.