Performance enhancement

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Feb 7 10:27:16 CET 2005

On Monday 07 February 2005 04:01, Sven Langkamp wrote:

> It's not only the blitting, before blit the brush the brushop has to
> recalculate mask and interpolation. That takes even more time than the
> blitting itself.

Is that still a bottleneck? Maybe I should do some real profiling when I get
my tree running again. The code looks pretty optmized now that we use the
iterators to write the mask.

> > In the end, it appears that paint apps belong, after all, to the class of
> > interesting problems :-).
>
> Not so interesting, if you have to use assembly code in the end.

Not yet necessary, I think. I know the Gimp uses some assembly code to do the
actual compositing of rgb images, but those are really small bits. Our main
problem is still that it is expensive to actually get a pixel and write a
pixel, I guess.