impending doom - new layers structure

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Dec 21 20:24:01 CET 2005

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Bart Coppens wrote:

> On Wednesday 21 December 2005 19:54, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > note: it was my intention to use the cached pixel rendering of the part
> > layers to allow filters etc to work on part layers -- as a kind of
> > adjustment layers.
> Well that's possible currently, and sad but true: I find it utterly confusing
> (at least in its current incarnation), and would like to get rid of that
> behaviour. Some of the problems:
>
> * You'd like to edit a part after you applied a filter to it. No problem, but
> if the previously applied filters did something to lay a 'glow' around the
> letters in the part, for example. Then editing the text will give a wrong
> glow.

I don't want to enable painting -- I want to enable filters. Whenever a part
is changed, the filters are applied again. So we need to store the filters
and their configurations used on it. But that would be similar to how I intend
to implement adjustment layers, so it may not be necessary after all.

Boudewijn