Bloated colorspace, was: the future of histogram

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Aug 11 16:01:39 CEST 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 15:58, Bart Coppens wrote:

> Also, I don't think we should be adding this to the colorspaces, they're
> bloated enough already.

:-). What we need here is perhaps something along the lines of the composite
ops, but for operations. So every colorspace can export the operations it
has, and filters and so on can request an operation and refuse to work if
they don't get it. That way, operations can be separated from the colorspace
classes proper and implemented independently, and one op can be associated
with more than one colorspace. It would help with warning people that the
action they selected will degrade their image.

But that's probably a refactoring that will only happen after the next release
(unless I get really fed up...)