usability feedback.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Aug 6 22:05:29 CEST 2005

On Saturday 06 August 2005 21:58, Thomas Zander wrote:

> In KOffice the class to do that is; KoUnitDoubleSpinBox
>
> That widget probably needs some more love, but for consistency thats
> definitely the way to go.
> I just tried it and there are still bugs in that widget with the automatic
> conversion. As I said, it needs some love, and we probably want to add
> things like "50%" as well.  But all that can be done koffice wide, and is
> on the TODO list for 1.5 anyway.
>
> ps. In photoshop this feature exists as well; and arrow up/down work as
> well, even though there are no buttons like on a spinbox.
> You can type '50%' in the photoshop input dialog; as well as silly things
> like '5pt' if you want.  They get converted for you when you press OK.

Gosh... I know I bragged the other day of still being able to impersonate a
Real User (even when not being inebriated by drinking Real Ale in the
presence of Real Cats) -- but even as a Realish Developer, this is a feature
I'd never ever have guessed to exist either in KOffice or in Photoshop. Gosh
redux...