event bugs & selection picker

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Sat Apr 30 16:29:01 CEST 2005

Sven Langkamp wrote:
> But why do you connect the actions manually in setInputDevice? The tools
> automatically connect activate() and the action on creation.

Because each input device has its own set of tools, so there is one
brush tool for the mouse, one for the tablet stylus, one for the tablet
eraser, etc. So there are three brush tools but only one of them wants
to be connected to the action - the one owned by the current input
device. When the device changes, it disconnects the previous device's
tools and connects the new one's.

I hope that makes sense. It seemed like a good way to do it at the time
but there may well be a better way.

Adrian