koffice/krita

Sven Langkamp longamp at reallygood.de
Thu Apr 28 13:29:05 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 28. April 2005 09:22 schrieb Casper Boemann:
> Hi
>
> Thanks. This ties in with what I'm looking at. (I even got a merge
> conflict - that's how close it ties)
>
> I was wondering what kind of observations you made to come to this
> solution.
I followed the signals and slots. The whole connection was KisPaintDevice ->
KisImage -> KisView -> KisDockManager. Then I looked for the gap: KisImage
connected itself with signal from the paintdevice without a connection error,
but the signal did never reach the slot.

> Did the signal not work at all?
> Wont it be a limit to change a signal (which is many-to-many) into a
> function (which is many-to-one)? Or am I missunderstanding your change?
I guess that you can't connect to a signal from a shared pointer( in this case
layer.data() ) As I wrote wrote earlier to the list, I'm not really happy
with that and I'm open for a better solution.
Instead of directly connecting to the paintdevice you can connect to the
KisImage.