Rotation/Scale/Transform visitor design

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Apr 21 19:33:31 CEST 2005

I think that the visitor moniker for these classes is wrong; they do not visit
any number of paint devices according to certain rules (e.g. the merge
visitor visits paint devices according to visibility), but they act on a
paint device like painters -- the whole visitor pattern simply isn't there.

Casper pointed out to me the desirablilty to have the rotation work from a
source paint device onto a destination paint device, and obeying the
selection masks. That's a good point, although I don't agree with clearing
the selection of the source device automatically, that must be an option,
especially if src and dst devices are not the same, it may be useful to have a
way to just copy the transformed image onto the dst device..

Anyway, we'd better remove the visitor name, and maybe rename to painter, too.