how should selections work

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Sun Apr 17 22:01:38 CEST 2005

On Sunday 17 April 2005 21:21, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> composite all layers on projection layer
> convert layer to qimage
> paint selection mask of current layer onto qimage (using Arthur)
> paint other stuff onto qimage
> blit qimage onto canvas
> paint current tool lines, meshes, handles etc.

Maybe we can steal some more code from Digikam? The Inpainting plugin does
shade the region outside the selected region. The shaded region is not
updated in real time like in the crop image plugin in gimp, but it is quite
o.k.

(I really wonder how the digikam people manage to code so many nice plugins...
and their filter dialogs are so much nicer then Krita's.  That is really not
fair...)