undo of selection

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Apr 14 22:57:40 CEST 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Casper Boemann wrote:

> Hi again
>
> The way selections are now created and removed on the fly gives us problems
> with undo.
>
> When a selection is removed the undo info is also obsoleted.
>
> In my mind we need to have a single KisSelection for the lifetime of the
> owning paintdevice (though created the first time it's referenced). Clear
> should modify the selection not delete it.

I think you're right. I'm not sure whether this is a change we can do before
the release, but it might be rather easy because most times a selection is
created through KisPaintDevice::selection().

> Alternatively, all transactions that delete a selection should not actually
> delete it, but  only remove it and store it in a subclass of KisTransaction)

I don't think that solution is as nice as the other one. However, we should
keep in mind the possibility that in the future we might want more than one
selection per paint device.