Dock windows in Karbon, Kivio and Krita

Cyrille Berger cyb at lepi.org
Thu Sep 30 23:43:58 CEST 2004

> So, I propose to move the kiviodockers to the KOffice UI library, and call
> the dockers from all three applications. I've volunteered to do that job.
> I'll write a patch for all three applications and show the patches to the
> maintainers, and I'm willing to take up maintainership of the docker
> classes in koffice ui libs.

Why not patch KMainWindow to behave like you want, this way it will benefit to
all kde applications, you won't have to maintain it. And I think (I am not
100% sure, but it's worth trying) switching from KMainWindow to
KDockMainWindow will change nothing KOffice which don't use docker, as
KDockMainWindow inherits from KMainWindow.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---