Too many dockers...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Sep 29 17:17:53 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 19:00, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > The third solution would be to try & find some kxmlgui documentation that
> > tells me whether it's possible to merge two .rc files from code.
>
> you can use KXMLClient::setXMLFile("name.rc", true /* to ask to merge,
> false is default*/)
>
> but in a KPart::Plugin, the rc is automaticaly merged.

I haven't got this working, yet... If I put the .rc file in root location
(/opt/kde3/share/apps/krita/), the rc file is apparently found, if I put the
the file where it belongs (/opt/kde3/share/apps/krita/kpartplugins),
kxmlguiclient complains that it cannot find the file.

That's one thing, but even when kxmlguiclient can find the .rc file, the
actions are not added to the toolbars. I'm not sure how to proceed here...
The kxmlgui documentation isn't completely enlightening.

What I need is some simple way to add items to the xml gui at runtime, not
just when the part is loaded, but when the tool is constructed.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."