Painting on a temporary layer

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Sep 27 08:48:02 CEST 2004

On Sunday 26 September 2004 22:23, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> I was about to commit a change :
>
> Change in the KisFilter API :
> * the process now make a distinction between the source paint device and
> the destination
>
> Which mean we have two functions in filter :
>  virtual void process(KisPaintDeviceSP src, KisPaintDeviceSP dst,
> KisFilterConfiguration*, const QRect&, KisTileCommand* ) = 0;
>  void process(KisPaintDeviceSP, KisFilterConfiguration*, const QRect&,
> KisTileCommand* );
>
> Does it allow to do what you want ?

I think it should help Bart in that it gives a cleaner, but doesn't this still
mean that you need to create a temporary target paint device? That's the big
problem. Of course, if we could invent something like a 'lazy' paint device
that only allocates tiles if and when and where pixels ares changed, that
should help enormously. That's more or less what Casper was doing with the
autoextending layers, isn't it?

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."