Dockers and performance tests

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Sep 22 23:09:35 CEST 2004

I should have been working on dockers, but I've been investigating a bit
instead. I'm beginning to get the impression that most ready-to-go docker
solutions are not the complete solution to our problem, not even Qt 4's new
& improved dockers. The problem is, if you press a button on a floating
docker, you still want, e.g., alt-f to open the file menu on the main window.
As long the standard dockers don't solve that focus problem, we might need to
do some special coding.

And, because I was getting curious, I've started a performance/stress test
plugin. This also shows what kinds of access scripting plugins should offer.
I.e, it's really important to be able to get at the document the view is
working on, I feel.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."