Too many dockers...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at calcifer.valdyas.org
Tue Sep 21 18:35:05 CEST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Sven Langkamp wrote:

> Another way would be using Kivio like dockers even though they are not
> standard.

Not only that, Kivio dockers have even worse bugs than QDockWindow. And
we should try to conform as closely to what's used in other paint applications,
too. The drawer idea is from Fractal/Procreate/Corel Painter
(http://www.valdyas.org/~boud/painter.png).

Photoshop 6.0 for OS 9 (the latest version I have), has dockers like us, only
they don't dock, but they are lot less high. Three rows of brushes etc.
at most. That should certainly be an option for us. The large dialogs in autobrush
and autotext could be condensed by using a combobox instead of radio buttons,
that would help. And for the rest we should try to limit the widgets in
the dockers to at most four single-line edits high. Photoshop uses a popup
menu in its dockers that show dialog windows for options. That's a possibility, too.