Funny paint effect

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Sep 16 16:55:03 CEST 2004

On Thursday 16 September 2004 16:50, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thursday 16 September 2004 10:43, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > I'm not sure what's going on -- it must have something to do
> > with tile cobbling and compositing with an opacity < max, because
> > the same thing (of course) happens when painting with a transparent brush
> > or pen.
>
> I have a feeling it could have something to do with the background pattern
> 'shining through', which would mean that the alpha compositing code in rgb
> isn't completely dependable. I can see artefacts the size of the background
> checks.

Hm. The checks are indeed compositing artefacts -- saving a file that shows
the effect in Krita's native format saves the artefacts. The black regions
that show up when scaling down an image that is obscured by the ui are a
rendering artefact, because saving a scaled-down image to a .kra and loading
it again shows a perfect image. It's as if some data isn't reached by the
rendering stack.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."