New import/export framework

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Sep 13 12:43:43 CEST 2004

On Monday 13 September 2004 12:38, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> > Import a Gimp image with two layers works a bit: two layers are
> > created. We don't read the right transparency, though. If this is not
>
> fixable by
>
> > extending the ImageMagick reader,
>
>  The IM .xcf import module is certainly not complete - I wrote enough of it
> to support some work that I was doing at the time.  I don't believe that
> anyone has picked it up and done anything more with it (except for the
> occasional bug fix).  So PLEASE - feel free to do so!

I'd certainly prefer going this route. I'm not sure what KDE's xcf kimgio
supports -- I believe it composits all layers together (which is why I am
interested in using their composite code) -- and I think that extending a
library like IM is a better thing than writing imp/exp code ourselves.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."