New import/export framework

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Sep 13 11:22:00 CEST 2004

On Monday 13 September 2004 11:15, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> yes but miss some feature of some fileformat with the current system :
> - we can't use layer in png/psd/gimp...

Import a Gimp image with two layers works a bit: two layers are created. We
don't read the right transparency, though. If this is not fixable by
extending the ImageMagick reader, we need to use the xcf kimgio module. If
that doesn't support everything we need, that kimgio module must be extended.
We're not going to write our own .xcf importer.

> - we can't set the level of compression
>
> So even if we keep magick, I think we need to do some modification.

That falls under the heading of debugging. And even if we need to write new
import/export, it should fit the current 'builder' interface, which is quite
good, and it should use kimgio as much as possible.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."