New import/export framework

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Mon Sep 13 11:00:41 CEST 2004

> What do you think ?

I think it is a great idea, and the interface looks ok, except perhabs that
it is tied to a specific implementation of KisImage. Ideally it should go
through the same kind of proxy that you provide for scripting.

But for now (and with only a minimally set of inportexport modules) is would
surely be great. Decoupling via proxy could be done later.

hmm, I can see that Boudewijn doesn't agree. And perhabs he is right but I
still think it is a great idea. I don't like being tied to imagemagick. Now
if someone wants to implement their importexport modules with the help of
imagemagick it is a different matter in my mind.

So, you have my full support.

best regards
casper