New import/export framework

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Sep 13 10:55:35 CEST 2004

On Monday 13 September 2004 10:48, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was looking around the magick import :
> - I think it would be a good idea to get ride of the dependence upon magick
> - it would be nice to be able to expend it via modules
>
> So I suggest the following base class :
>
> class ImportExport {
> public:
>  virtual KisImageSP import(KURL ) { return 0; };
>  virtual void export(KURL, KisImageSP) { };
>  virtual bool importEnable() { return false; };
>  virtual bool exportEnable() { return false; };
>  virtual QStringList fileFormat();
> };
>
> What do you think ?

Well, I don't really get a feel for what you want to achieve... Unless you
have a really pressing need for some import/export functionality that
ImageMagick cannot provide, I think it would be best not to touch this part
of Krita. It works, it loads pretty much any file format and saves pretty
much any file format. Personally, I don't care about getting rid of
ImageMagick. It's not an onerous dependency in practice.

If you want to work on file loading, it might be more productive to implement
lazy loading in the tile manager or work on a draft for an OASIS standard for
bitmap images (after contacting David Faure on that topic).

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."