CKMY craziness...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Nov 24 10:09:18 CET 2004

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 09:50, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> Don't confuse the channels inside KisImage with those in a colour strategy!
> The channels in KisImage are KisChannel's -- an unfinished thing similiar
> to KisMask. Paint devices that do some tricks copied from Photoshop and the
> Gimp, not channels in the R,G,B or C,M,Y and K sense.

Oh, maybe as a clarification of Krita's current hierarchy:

   KisDoc (a koDocument)

   one or more KisImages

   one or more KisPaintDevice's

   one KisTileMgr

A paint device can be a: KisPaintDevice, KisLayer, KisSelection, KisChannel or
KisMask.

There used to be a KisFloatingSelection, but I removed that ugly imitation of
Gimp hack that was necessary for the Gimp because it didn't have layers when
it was implemented. I also think that for the KOffice 1.4 release we'd better
remove KisChannel and KisMask and maybe do a re-implementation later, when it
turns out necessary. And I want add a KisFilterLayer o.i.d. -- a dynamic
effects layer consisting of a selection mask and a filter.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."