CKMY craziness...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Nov 23 11:26:03 CET 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 11:18, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > Which also means that we'll probably get rid of koColor & that the
> > homebrew code in the cmyk colour model can be ripped out and replaced
> > with a call to littlecms. I'll post an overview of what I think I want to
> > do tomorrow; today is one of my busy days.
>
> Which means it's about time to think about a merge between
> KisPixelRepresentation, Casper's KisPixel and KoColor.
> We need a single class :
>  - which store the value of a pixel
>  - accessible by an iterator
>  - which can be convert to a different color space

And we don't need a different class to store the definition of a color or a
pixel; they are the same. What I was thinking was a simple class containing
a point to enough bytes to repesent a color and a pointer to a color strategy;
I'm not clear on the matching of colour strategies and cms color types -- it
would make sense to group all cms cmyk types in the colour strategy.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."