CKMY craziness...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Nov 23 09:51:22 CET 2004

On Monday 22 November 2004 23:45, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> > but no matter what, we'll arrive at a situation where even RGB
> > layers will have
> > a pixel-by-pixel conversion for display on a calibrated screen.
>
> 	Yup!
>
> > So it would pay
> > to make that process as fast as possible, fast enough no matter
> > what the complexity.
>
> 	lcms (http://www.littlecms.org) which is the open source CMS that everyone
> uses is quite fast.  Loading the profiles actually takes longer than
> processing the image ;).

I actually knew already about littlecms, but when I last took a look at it I
didn't grasp it even a little bit. I must have learned something since then,
because I feel I've got a grip on it now, and I've start integrating it into
Krita.

Quite probably I'll be making some silly assumption, and the first attempt at
integreation will be laughably crude -- but a start has been made.

Which also means that we'll probably get rid of koColor & that the homebrew
code in the cmyk colour model can be ripped out and replaced with a call to
littlecms. I'll post an overview of what I think I want to do tomorrow; today
is one of my busy days.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."