Sorry about the long absence...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Nov 16 14:17:39 CET 2004

On Monday 15 November 2004 07:10, Saem Ghani wrote:
> Just been really busy with real life

Me, too, so don't worry. Fortunately I had taken the afternoon off and
there's a bit of time left to work on Krita, so I'm working on selections
again.

> I've downloaded the latest code from anonymous CVS, compiled Krita,
> installed it and got it setup under Kdevelop, everything seems fine thus
> far.

That's great!

> So, I'm wondering, for those of you working on Krita do you need any help
> coding something?  I figure I'll work under someone and then go off and
> hack out a piece of my own.  Thanks in advance.

Sure... There's a whopping great TODO -- if you see something you fancy is
interesting, then pick that. Otherwise, and if you'd like to do a deep dive
into Krita code, you might want to implement the color selection plugin. If
you do so, take care that you keep the plugin color model independent: i.e.,
don't hard-code red, green and blue channels, but work with the channels the
color strategy gives you. If you want something a little easier, it might be
fun to debug the cmyk color model.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."