Image/Paint libraries (OpenEXR)

Cyrille Berger cyb at lepi.org
Tue May 25 18:23:08 CEST 2004

> Last time I looked at this thing, I noticed it was used in a PhotoShop
> plugin. If we can figure out a way to do the same -- i.e., create a plugin
> using this lib that allows 32 bit/channel images, we might have solved a
> great deal of our problems, because that would mean that we can extend our
> image types with plugins. And if it's possible with Photoshop, it should be
> possible with Krita.
yes but that mean we have to have find a common way to represent the image
data. And I believe it will mean a big work in the core library, which mean
it would be nearly impossible to release an alpha version in septembre.

I have understand that there are different base types (integer & float),
whiche mean we will have to use templates.

But first, I think we should have a close look at all the different image
type, and then we should search for the common point between all the
different types, and then rework the core.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---