Automatic display update.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 22 09:33:40 CET 2004

I took Roger's patch, and moved the relevant code out of the tool and into
KisImage so all tools can automatically use it. I have added two switches:
one to enable/disable timer based image repainting, and one to mess with the
update frequency. Also used a mutex -- without it, you get very funny
results.

My impression is that it doesn't perform significantly better than direct
notify(), but in principle it's a sound move to decouple the display updates
from the code that changes the data. Emacs does it, the Gimp does it...

And it should now be possible to have KisPainter notify the image that rects
have been dirtied, making it possible to write tools that completely don't
concern themselves with which parts of the image should be updated.

Anyway, I haven't commited yet -- wanted to first present the patch to y'all:

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi