Sub-pixel positioning

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Mar 17 10:41:37 CET 2004

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 23:05, Adrian Page wrote:

> Perhaps we should keep to a single colour space if there's only one in use,
> and only convert to RGBA when there are mixed layers present. The little
> that I've found on the web seems to suggest that the same formulas can be
> used to blend CMYK channels as RGB.
> http://www.penguin.at0.net/~fredo/files/PDF-DOCS/PDF_Transparency.pdf talks
> about these issues.

Don't forget that there are more colour models than cmyk and rgba; gray, graya
and perhaps others. But in general, yes -- having a strategy where we
composite native to the colour model unless we have a heterogenous image seem
the best plan.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi