Resurrecting tools

Boudewijn Rempt boud at calcifer.valdyas.org
Mon Mar 15 07:11:56 CET 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Clarence Dang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there anything wrong with the tools that aren't enabled or compiled (do
> they need porting)?  I'd like to start re-enabling a few of them (airbrush,
> ellipse, polygon, color changer).

The disabled tools neither work nor compile; most of them were written in the
days when Krita still had a framebuffer. I am working on the airbrush tool. In
its current state it shows more or less what the basics of a working painting
tool should be, compared to other, disabled tools. For instance, painting code
should be moved to KisPainter, tablet event needs added, a new way of setting
up the tool, new properties widget.

For polygon, ellipse and rectangle you'd need to write the equivalent of
the line method in KisPainter and call that from the tools. You can take the line tool
as an example.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi