Color chooser widgets

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Mar 12 21:52:11 CET 2004

On Friday 12 March 2004 21:41, Sven Langkamp wrote:

> Yes, that's right. But it's missing in the color chooser docker and in the
> tool properties of the color picker.

Ah, okay.

> > Hah, yes -- I've got a nearly perfect idea, but I've been searching for
> > papers showing that it can be implemented for months, and haven't found
> > anything really implementable: a true palette, where you can dab and
> > smear and have incompletely mixed and completely mixed colours. But
> > creating a model that gives you green when you mix blue and yellow, that
> > appears to be hard... So I think that we'll have to go with the flow for
> > now, and just use that two-colours-with-an-arrow widget.
>
> How would such a widget look like? Something like: Put your brush into one
> color and smear it through another -> new color?

Exactly. In fact, if you've got a model for painting with something that
approaches natural paint, you palette becomes easy; it's just another canvas,
because a palette follows the same physical rules as a painting.

> Maybe a feature for a post 1.0 version.

:-). Very, very maybe. As I said, I haven't found any resources on how to
accomplsh this, apart from the paper on Dab (link to that on the koffice
krita page), and they don't do open source.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi