Color chooser widgets

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Mar 12 21:16:49 CET 2004

On Friday 12 March 2004 21:17, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the color chooser widgets should have a possibility to change back
> and forground color. My proposal would be to add a KDualColorButton.

Am I being dense, or is that already what you can do with the colour thingy
under the "general" tab?

> Or does anybody have a better idea? (usability?)

Hah, yes -- I've got a nearly perfect idea, but I've been searching for papers
showing that it can be implemented for months, and haven't found anything
really implementable: a true palette, where you can dab and smear and have
incompletely mixed and completely mixed colours. But creating a model that
gives you green when you mix blue and yellow, that appears to be hard... So I
think that we'll have to go with the flow for now, and just use that
two-colours-with-an-arrow widget.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi