Helping out with Krita

Boudewijn Rempt boudewijn at tryllian.com
Fri Mar 12 12:21:32 CET 2004

On Friday 12 March 2004 10:01, Clarence Dang wrote:

> Is it ok to add d-pointers everywhere - not for binary compatibility but
> rather for decreasing compile time.  Without a d-pointer for KisView, for
> instance, I would have to recompile more than just kis_view.cc if I add a
> single variable to the KisView class.  Every so often, someone with CPU to
> burn :) could move the d-pointer variables into the class proper.

Ah -- I've found an article on the subject:
http://doc.trolltech.com/qq/qq02-data-sharing-with-class.html. Not that can
say I understand the implications. I feel rather strongly that tearing apart
class data and class methods make code uglier. The advantages the article
argues are not about reducing compilation time, though, but data sharing.
This is interesting, but how does this relate to our use of KSharedPtr?