Some bugs

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 8 22:55:01 CET 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 22:47, Adrian Page wrote:

> There seem to be three layers of options available:
>
> 1. Options tied to the current brush - on the Brushes/Patterns 'Brushes'
> tab. 2. Options tied to the current tool - on the Tool Properties 'current
> tool' tab.
> 3. Global options - on the Tool Properties 'General' tab.
>
> I would think the opacity and composite mode could go to the 'current tool'
> tab, so they can be set differently for each tool.

Yes -- and then there's the current foreground color. One could make a case --
for instance because the Gimp does it that way -- that the current fg. colour
belongs to a particular tool, too. And it would fit working with something
that imitates natural media, too, since every brush (of the bristly variety)
is 'loaded' with paint in a particular colour.

> I was wondering about the 'use colour as mask' option for colour brushes.
> That feels like it should either be global, or tied to the current brush,
> but I'm not sure.

I am rather strongly in favour of per brush.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi