Change of maintainer

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 8 20:42:50 CET 2004

Patrick just asked me whether I would like to take over as Krita's official
maintainer -- he's just too busy to do much about Krita, and feels we have
absorbed enough to continue without his stewardship. Since this is a
prestigious post that carries with it rewards beyond imagination -- that
'maintainer' like in the AUTHORS file alone! -- I jumped at his suggestion
with alacrity...

However, it cannot be denied that I started learning C++ only last October,
and I'm probably not completely able to always accurately judge the quality
of proposed patches or designs. I'm not an inexperienced programmer -- I've
been coding in various Basics, Pascal, SNOBOL, PL-SQL, Java, Python and
sundry others for a decade or two, but C++ is a whole different kettle of
fish. So I'm counting on you all to help me keep Krita on the straight and
narrow path towards beautiful code :-).

As for plans -- we're making good progress, but I think we're still in the
stage where we can cherry-pick what we like and still be making progress that
seems coordinated. So I don't think we need a planning yet, apart from a
vague desire to make it for the next KOffice release (or the next but
one...).

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi