[patch] fix line tool

kde at bartcoppens.be kde at bartcoppens.be
Sun Mar 7 00:07:51 CET 2004

Quoting Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org>:
> Thanks -- I've just committed it. There still are some problems with
> selecting rectangles when zoomed in, but it's better than it was, and, as
you said, the
> code has become a lot easier to read.

I looked a bit at the terrible slowness of the select tool when zoomed in, and
have come up with attached patch. The problem was the controller ->
updateCanvas() call, as this function takes a lot of time when zoomed in.
Replacing it with the update() function of the canvas clears the previous
select a lot faster. (there still is a drawing error while zoomed in, but now
the tool is at least usable).

The updateCanvas() call is also used in the Move strategy, where it produces
the same slow behaviour at greater zoom levels.

This patch also adds the funcionality of drawing straight lines with the line
tool (press shift while moving).

Bart Coppens