koffice/krita/core

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Sat Mar 6 19:20:38 CET 2004

On Saturday 06 March 2004 1:49 pm, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Well, I showed the options to my in-house quality team, and they
> unanimously voted for blue bell peppers and purple sunbursts as opposed to
> the coloured ones. I'm not sure what the correct terminology would be, but
> 'use colour as mask' could describe it. I never really thought about
> supporting coloured brushes, since I thought that that could be handled
> better by the stamp tool. Not that it's not nice to have; but I like to
> have both :-)

Ok, I'll add an option to switch between the two.

The 'blue bell peppers' and 'purple sunbursts' are actually the result of some
undefined behaviour on the part of the compiler. In:

qRgba(255 - m_data[k++], 255 - m_data[k++], 255 - m_data[k++],
  255 - m_data[k++])

the compiler is allowed to evaluate the arguments to qRgba() in any order it
likes, not necessarily left to right. So the value of k used in each argument
might not be what you expected. I'm pretty sure I've had purple sunbursts at
one point, but currently I get green ones. :-)

On the question of options, where are things like this going to go? Currently
there's a 'Current Tool Properties' dialog that is opened from the Settings
menu. There's also the 'Tool Properties' dockbar that shows the current
colours, brush, pattern and gradient. That could be used to put options on
for the current tool. Or will we have a separate dockbar for each tool? Or is
something better already planned?

Adrian