a new member and some small problems

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Sat Jun 26 22:47:56 CEST 2004

On Saturday 26 June 2004 22:14, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Saturday 26 June 2004 22:03, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > Well I think that you havn't committed the required changes to the view
> > class.
>
> Nope:
> boud at talnus:~> cd prj/koffice/krita/
> boud at talnus:~/prj/koffice/krita> cvs up
> boud at talnus:~/prj/koffice/krita>
>
> So that cannot be it...
hmm do you have setWindowState() and windowState() in your KisView class cause
I don't and browsing the cvs online doesn't show it either.

try touching screenmode.cc and see if it compiles.

I'm pretty sure it's in your end it's wrong

> > With respect to what to do I think I'll start with the layers dialog.
> > Dispite your comments in cvs about making an ui file and using QTable, I
> > will choose not to. You see I intend to make draging of layers possible.
> > Not on canvas, but in the dialog to rearrange the order. Photoshop has
> > this and it is really userfriendly. Much more so than first selecting and
> > then hitting the up and down arrows. I can't see how QTable would be able
> > to do this, and since much of the code is already written why rewrite it.
>
> There are two things: the new layer dialog. This should use a .ui file  --
> there is no reason not to. The layer docker is another thing. This should
> use a qtable. QTable supports D&D -- take a look at the Qt documentation.
> Using a home-grown widget where a standard one exists isn't a good idea: it
> adds to the maintenance burden, it will quite likely be buggier (which it,
> in fact, is) and it will never conform as well to common ui standards. The
> only reason this particular chunk of code exists is that it was written
> before Qt actually had a QTable class.

I wasn't about to change the new layer dialog, but I agree.

The QTable. I understand your arguments, but I'll still have to subclass it to
be able to drag the items. Also sublayers need some tweeking, but hey if you
think QTable is the right thing then I'll do it, but don't expect any great
save since many functions need to be overloaded.

Another thing about layers. In photoshop and gimp they are infinite in size
which is really nice.

> > One other question: Does krita use lcms for actual colormanagement (like
> > photoshop). This is a really important matter if krita is ever to be used
> > professionally.
>
> No. I don't understand the exact requirements, not being a graphics
> professional... If someone who does show real understanding shows up and
> start coding it'll go in, otherwise it probably won't happen...
I might look into this. But not now.
--
mvh
Casper Boemann