Krita compile error

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jun 23 20:45:56 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 19:43, Michael Thaler wrote:

> Is there anything I can do? I did make clean before I compiled

When I renamed those files from .cpp to .cc, I was perhaps a little rash. I
managed to get it to compile again by removing the entire .libs and .deps
directories in core/tiles -- and by doing make -f Makefiles.cvs
&& ./configure again.

> (I did not manage to compile KOffice for a long time now because Krita is
> always giving some errors... is this me or does anyone else have this
> experience?)

Well, I never checkin unless the code on my computer compiles, and I'm
currently the only active hacker -- but you're not the only one who has
'occasional' trouble compiling Krita :-(.

Perhaps a bit rigorous, but almost guaranteed to work (and quite safe unless
you have uncommitted Krita code in situ) is to

rm -rf krita && cvs up && make -f Makefile.cvs && ./configure && cd krita &&
make

Krita's code is so full with bits left over from previous stages that I feel I
will be removing source files, renaming things etc. for quite some time,
which means that these problems probably won't go away any time soon.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi