Chicken and egg

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jul 27 23:10:38 CEST 2004

I _think_ I have solved the problem with link errors I was seeing tonight --
at least, I am not seeing them anymore, but I cannot commit this yet, because
I need to solve the chicken & egg problem that arises when colourmodels are
plugins, and plugins are loaded when the doc is created, only these
colourmodels need to be known in order to be able to create the doc.

I'll probably be able to solve this, either by doing something with KTraders
or something temporarily hackish.

Anyway, until that time, I'd like to ask people not to touch the tile manager,
the colour strategies or the composite operators, except by sending me
patches, because otherwise I won't be able to get out of the mess.

What I've done up to now is:

* Move all colour strategies to plugins
* Temporarily move the rgb pixel representation to KisPixelRepresentation,
preparatory to not using that at all in the colour model conversions
* Remove the compositeop  directory (it wasn't used yet, and as I said in
another mail, it something that's not going to work in that idea.
* Remove all knowledge of colour models from KisTileMgr.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi