KisIterator, quantum and pixels

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jul 5 14:51:48 CEST 2004

On Monday 05 July 2004 14:38, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Monday 05 July 2004 14:13, Casper Boemann wrote:

> > image requires efficient access,with small loops that remains in cache.
> > Calling a function for every pixel is simply to much overhead. Sad but
> > true. This is why we need iterators.
>
> Mwah. I'm not convinced... (Don't take that too serious -- it's just that I
> really, really hate premature optimization, especially if it means
> complicating an interface. But I guess I'll just have to get rid of my Java
> prejudices.)

Oh, what I don't understand is this -- isn't every iteration of an iterator a
function call, too?

And another thing I just thought of:

Currently we composite whole tiles at a time -- we simply pass a pointer to
their data. It might be better to rename the colour strategy's blit methods
to compose, and pass them iterators describing the section to be composed.
Then we can get rid of all the tile cobbling in KisPainter.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi