KisIterator, quantum and pixels

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jul 5 14:26:34 CEST 2004

On Monday 05 July 2004 14:19, Adrian Page wrote:

> I think it might be an idea to make the compositing functions part of the
> strategy since they can be made most efficient by accessing the
> representation directly. We could perhaps have functions in the base class
> that can work using some abstract interface to work with channels and
> alpha, and override them to provide optimised versions where needed.

In principle, they are. The reason I put the functions in a separate .h file
was that some composite functions can be shared, and that I was dissatisfied
with most of them and wanted to keep them in quarantaine, so to speak. Many
of the composite ops don't work like they should, and we should have
composite ops between different image types. Gwenview uses some code
from  http://lignumcomputing.com which implements all Gimp's composite ops,
and we could do worse than borrow their code. It's on my todo, but I don't
think I'll get round to that any time soon.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi